Look at that char (which is achieved by broiling the fish at 500 degrees right before serving)! To accompany the baked red snapper, I made some sautéed kale (with turkey bacon) and cauliflower mash. Recipes below:
-2 cauliflower heads
-1 cup heavy cream
-1/2 stick of unsalted butter
-1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
-1/2 tablespoon of freshly minced garlic
-kosher salt/fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Steam cauliflower heads in a double-boiler with 8 oz of water for 10-12 minutes.
2. In a medium sized pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add in garlic and sauté until fragrant (careful not to burn the garlic).
3. Add cauliflower and heavy cream to the pot with butter. Using an immersion blender, purée cauliflower and heavy cream mixture.
4. Stir in Parmesan cheese, and salt/pepper to taste.
Sautéed Kale with Turkey Bacon
-2 bags of shredded organic kale (I get mine from Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods)
-4 strips of turkey bacon
-1/2 onion, diced
-4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
-squeeze of lemon
1. Cook bacon in cast-iron skillet.
2. Once bacon is fully cooked, remove from skillet-leaving the drippings.
3. Roughly chop bacon and set aside.
4. Add butter, onion and a drizzle of EVOO to the skillet and cook on medium heat. Onions should turn translucent after about 10-12 minutes.
5. Add kale to skillet and continue to sauté on medium heat, gently turning kale every 30 seconds.
6. Add chopped bacon to kale and squeeze lemon over top. Add s/p to taste.